This Page

has been moved to new address

The 30 Day Giving Challenge...Will You Join Us? (Day 1)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: The 30 Day Giving Challenge...Will You Join Us? (Day 1)

Oct 31, 2010

The 30 Day Giving Challenge...Will You Join Us? (Day 1)

30-Day Giving Challenge

This morning in church we sang a beautiful worship song that talked about each of our life's songs and that made me think, "Lord, what does my lifesong sing?" and right then, I knew in my heart, that I really wanted my lifesong to put a smile on the LORD's Face.

My darling Bunny girl's prayer, just before she went to bed confirmed to me that I so wanted her desire to be real in my life too. Her prayer was simple but I know Jesus smiled to hear a four and a half year old pray with all sincerity, " Jesus, when I get to Heaven I want you to look at me and say that I am beautiful inside and out" ....... Ah.......sometimes it takes a child to just put it out there.

I know you're excited with the Christmas Carnival of Giveaways but even as we celebrate with all the fabulous prezzies, let us not forget that JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THIS GLORIOUS SEASON!

Jesus gave us His Best Gift...His Life. The word I want to highlight here is GIVE. Jesus gave so why can't we? I'm joining in the 30 Day Giving Challenge. Rather we as a family are taking this up. We're excited to see how God will move in this. Will you join us?
(For more information on the challenge, click on this link to visit the site).

We will be maintaining a family journal but I won't be recording this on the blog as I don't want to sound a trumpet on what we do but I will do my best to post regular encouragement and tips on giving.
I will also be taking some help from Matthew West's simple but useful book 101 simple and thoughtful ways to give this Christmas away.

Since this is Day 1, I want to share a Life Outreach International project called the Christmas Shoes Project. We watched a program on this the other day and the picture of one little girl with pus filled sores on the soles of her tiny feet stills remains fresh in my mind.


For just 3 US$ a child not as fortunate as your own, will be blessed with a pair of durable, all terrain shoes. What is 3 US$ when you consider how it can protect tiny feet from injury, disease or even fatal consequences?
Will you help give to support this blessed cause?

Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share
(1 Timothy 6:18)





* Follow the 30 Day Giving Challenge on the 30 Day Giving Challenge Blog *

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At November 1, 2010 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Katie @ Frugal Femina said...

There is nothing more touching to me than hearing my little one pray. Thank you for sharing!

I'm taking a look at your links. They sound like a great way to get involved.

 
At November 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Such a sweet prayer from your little one~ love it! And wonderful causes highlighted! Visiting from Bloggy Moms Christian Moms group... you have a great site!

 
At November 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks for joining us in the journey, Marina!

 
At November 1, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a blessing to read your post. Your daughter sounds like a real sweetheart. :)

 
At November 2, 2010 at 3:09 AM , Blogger HSUper Parents said...

Wow, what a beautiful prayer from your daughter! I just want to share with you 2 ideas for giving this Christmas.

1. Operation Christmas Child - http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/occ

2. World Vision Gift Catalog Giving - http://www.worldvision.org/content.nsf/pages/gc-redirect?Open&go=gift

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home