This Page

has been moved to new address

Passing on three Thanksgiving traditions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: Passing on three Thanksgiving traditions

Nov 19, 2009

Passing on three Thanksgiving traditions

I love Thanksgiving simply because I feel this is one beautiful holiday when everyone stops everything to come together with those they love and thank God for the blessings He has given. Christmas I feel has become so commercialized that kids today think Santa is the reason for the season! (But then that's a whole separate post I will put up later!)

This year we will celebrate our second Thanksgiving in the US and now that Bunny girl is older and has been learning about the importance of Thanksgiving at preschool, I think its time for us to start a few traditions.

Here are three activities I hope will get passed on to the next year and the years following that. It will be fun to have three of our very own 'Thanksgiving' traditions ....
  • We will be spending some time during the day, as a family, praying for people we are thankful for. (Yes we do this on a daily basis but on Thanksgiving we thought it would be nice for Bunny girl to tell us all the people she is thankful for....even if the list is really long!... and have her pray for as many people she can remember....you can never pray too many times. )
  • We're not big turkey fans (shocked?!)...so we'll go 'chicken' and since my mother is visiting us this year, she said we would 'dress' the roast chicken. (Now when my Mommy says 'dress' she really does mean dress!! We make mashed potato booties and mittens for the hands and a small boiled potato head complete with clove eyes and a beak made with carrot sticks! Since we'll enlist Bunny girl to help I'm sure our 'pretend turkey' will have a few more accessories added on to pretty her up!!)
  • Want another big shocker? We're not football fans....instead of crowding around the television watching a game that we're not really gung-ho about, we'd spend some time playing a game together as a family or if our local movie house has a nice family movie playing, we'll go spend that time out together.
Thanksgiving will be time reserved for our family and close friends only....no work or activities that only one person will enjoy...it will be time that will be collectively enjoyed and remembered for years to come.


This post was encouraged by the 'Thanksgiving traditions' promotion hosted by the Twitter Moms and Target...Come share your Thanksgiving traditions with the Moms here.




Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2009 at 12:57 AM , Blogger Lil' said...

Sounds like you have it all together. I'm not sure what state you live in, but here in Michigan, I've always been a huge Target fan, that is, until a few Christmas' ago when they (Target)decided not to let the Salvation Army collect money for the needy anymore. I couldn't believe it. My mind has now changed about Target. I will not go ther during the holidays any longer. I hope thats not the case where you live. Anyhow, have a wonderful holiday season.

 
At November 23, 2009 at 1:16 AM , Blogger Lil' said...

For some reason when I post comments, a lot of the time they do not show up. But I was telling you how I used to be an avid Target shopper until they stopped letting the Salvation Army bell ringers collect money for their charity during the holiday season. Just thought I'd let you know. However I'm happy that you have new traditions for your family and wish you happy holidays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home