This Page

has been moved to new address

Parent's Prayer

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: Parent's Prayer

Aug 26, 2010

Parent's Prayer

*
When we went to meet Bunny girl's new teachers two days before school reopened, we were all given this beautiful prayer along with all the other school musts for the year. It blessed my heart and I knew I had to share it with all of you. I pray it may minister to you as it did to me.


The Parent's Prayer

O Heavenly Father, make me a better parent.
Teach me to understand my children, to listen patiently to what they have to say,
and answer all their questions kindly.
Keep me from interrupting them or contradicting them.
Help me to be as courteous to them as I want them be to me.
Forbid that I should ever laugh at their mistakes, or resort to shame or ridicule.
May I never punish them out of anger or spite to show my power.
Help me, dear Lord, to demonstrate all that I say and do that honesty does produce happiness.
Reduce, dear Lord, the meanness in me. And when I am out of sorts, help me, to hold my tongue.
May I be ever mindful that my children are merely children and that I should not expect them to have the maturity and judgment of adults.
Let me not rob them of the opportunity to do things for themselves or to make their own decisions.
Help me to grant them all reasonable requests and give me the courage to deny them the privileges that I think may be harmful.
Help me to be fair and just and kind, O Lord, so that I will earn their love and respect and they will want to imitate me. This is the supreme compliment.
Amen

-Anon

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home