This Page

has been moved to new address

The prayer of a child - Part 1

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: The prayer of a child - Part 1

Dec 5, 2009

The prayer of a child - Part 1

Over seven months ago, Bunny girl began to ask if she could have a baby. Hubby and I believed this was a spur of the moment request and even sat her down on more than one occasion to explain to her that babies came and stayed...they could not be returned...they just became part of the family. This would also mean sharing toys, books and more. Bunny girl listened and after a while would ask us again for a baby.


This went on for several days and those of you who've had three year olds know that a day is equivalent to a year in their little lives!. Finally I believe Bunny girl had enough with Mommy and Daddy and decided to take her petition to a Higher Authority.

Thus began a daily morning and night petition, it started with...

"Dear Jesus, please give me a baby"

A few days later, the impatience began to set in again and I guess somebody decided she had to be more specific in prayer and slowly changed the prayer to...

"Dear Jesus, please give me THAT baby"

Oh boy!!!

More time passed and Bunny girl must have realized that perhaps the request needed to be softened and began to ask politely....

"Dear Jesus, please give me my baby"

This was a prayer request she never failed to mention, it was one that was prayed both in the morning and in the night....nothing could dissuade my little prayer warrior!


What happens next?........Come back on Monday to read more!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At December 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Shell said...

Sounds like she really has her mind made up!

My oldest wants me to have another baby- a baby SISTER this time...and he's fine with exchanging one of his younger brothers for a sister.

 
At December 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM , Blogger lfhpueblo said...

I did that, even told Santa Claus that all I wanted for Christmas was a baby brother when I was about 5 I think. I had a bossy older sister, a spoiled brat (not now, she's wonderful now) little sister, I loved my older brother and really wanted another boy around like him, he was kind and wonderful, even when he picked on me once in awhile.

 
At December 5, 2009 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Lisa B. said...

How precious!!

 
At December 5, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Hmmmmm, are you trying to tell us something?!?!

Thank you SO very much for your sweet words today. I appreciate them more than you will ever know. Comments like yours are such a boost for my spirit right now. They are truly helping to keep me going.

I hope you and your precious (growing??) family have a wonderfully blessed Christmas season. Take care, my friend.

{{HUGS}}

Teresa <><

 
At December 6, 2009 at 9:31 PM , Blogger MamaOtwins+1 said...

It sounds so precious - but God does answer our prayers - in what form does he answer hers? I am dying to find out!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 5:35 AM , Blogger  said...

Bless her sweet heart. What an angel.

Congrats on your SITS day!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

aw, she has her heart set on a baby sister...can't wait to read what happens next!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Renee said...

How sweet--my daughter is asking for a sister now too! I think I know what's coming up in the next installments of your story....:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home