This Page

has been moved to new address

The influence of school

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: The influence of school

Aug 29, 2009

The influence of school

Every night before we go to bed, we all take turns in praying for our loved ones and various needs. It has officially been a week since Bunny girl first started school and the influence is already pretty strong.

Since the past two nights, we have a new drill, thanks to little 'Miss Preschooler' . Before one of us start praying, Bunny girl's little voice pipes up "Whoever wants to pray, must raise up their hand." The first time this happened Hubby and I found this most hilarious and burst into laughter. Bunny girl was not amused!

We thought after our giggles, we could continue with prayer but the little teacher in the house would have it no other way but the school way! Again she repeated herself, slowly but more emphatically "Whoever wants to pray, must raise up their hand."

Hubby and I looked at each other and realized Bunny girl meant business! We quietly bowed down our heads , folded our hands for prayer, closed our eyes and slowly my hand went up in request. I didn't dare open my eyes lest I let out a little giggle and get a time out....I just began to pray but as I did a quiet thought crept up in my head....."This is only the beginning you have a whole lifetime of school to deal with, so brace yourself for more!"

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At August 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM , Anonymous EG said...

Aawwww out of the mouth of babes....I think the last prayer session y'all attended where she did not a chance to pray till a l-oooo-ng time had made an effect on her. Dont be taken aback if the next time you are in the group she will firmly and calmly state what she has learnt in school...Whoever wants to pray, must raise up their hand...

 
At August 30, 2009 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Bonita12 said...

My 3 yr old prayed today at breakfast for a family member whose house burnt down. My husband and I couldn't think of anything to say after that - it was so heartfelt. Kids are amazing and joyful.

 
At August 30, 2009 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is too cute!

just dropping by from SITS to say Hi; hope you'll do the same.

 
At August 30, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

That is so cute!
Dropped by from SITS.

 
At August 31, 2009 at 2:51 PM , Blogger katy said...

Yes, politically correct for better or worse.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home