This Page

has been moved to new address

Celebrating 62 years- Jai Hind!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: Celebrating 62 years- Jai Hind!

Aug 14, 2009

Celebrating 62 years- Jai Hind!

62 years ago, brave men and women sacrificed their blood, sweat, toil and tears for a unified purpose....FREEDOM. 62 years later, we remember the price they paid...humbled, grateful and free.

Today India celebrates her 62nd year of Independence from colonial rule. Today her history resonates with stories of courage, strength and undeniable love. Today she stands in global reckoning, enriched with cultural diversity, beauty and intellectual wealth.

Today though miles away, we remember our motherland India with pride and with Indians all over the world, we stand honored to say...Maa Tujhe Salaam! ( We salute you, our Motherland)

Click the picture above or click this link to watch Academy Award, Golden Globe and BAFTA winner A.R. Rahman's moving 'Maa Tujhe Salaam'. I get goosebumps each time I hear this song. The words are beautiful!

I tried finding a version with English subtitles but sadly my search wasn't very fruitful, so here is my attempt at translating verse 1 and the chorus :>....

"I have looked everywhere and nowhere can I find anyone like you. I have traveled several days the world over but wherever I have gone, its only your memory that remains with me....Its only your face I think of in love....I salute you, my Motherland. Long live my Motherland."

Happy Independence Day to all Indians the globe over...Jai Hind!


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At August 15, 2009 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Super cute blog design! Any day to celebrate an independence day is amazing. Happy Saturday Sharefest.

 
At August 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Laura said...

We should all celebrate the amazing men & women who give their life so we can have independence.

Happy ShareFest

 
At August 15, 2009 at 9:24 AM , Anonymous EG said...

Happy Independence to all Indians in every part of the globe.
I know the song to which you referred and can still recollect the visuals and the very moving lyrics of Ma Tjhe Salaam. It moves me to tears. In your blog you have beautifully put in words the sentiments and feelings every Indian has whether in India or away from India...the tremendous love we have for our Motherland.

 
At August 15, 2009 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Terri said...

Happy Independence Day to all Indians in our world!
Another reason for me to celebrate is today is Assumption Day celebrating the Virgin Mary's ascent to heaven.
vinter@warwick.net

 
At August 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO YOU TOO!!!

 

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home