This Page

has been moved to new address

Martha, Martha!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: Martha, Martha!

Jun 14, 2009

Martha, Martha!

It's just one of those days...tons on the plate. I'm presently trying to seperate my Bunny Banter segment into a dedicated online journal through a new blog and keep this one for my Frugal Profiting Tips, Mommy Tips, Giveaways and my Strength booster-Reflections.

I'm being very ambitious starting the day early in an attempt to whip up a cooking storm, go to church, grocery shop, work on the blogs while Bunny girl naps, clean the house before our friends come over for dinner and...and.....and......

I can hear Hubby say this all over again, "Why do you want to do too much? Relax!"
And the standard response he gets is "But that's not me! I find it sooo hard to sit still in one place! I need to be doing something !!"

Sigh!...Thus frazzled and pooped!

As I type this out, I'm reminded of Isaiah 40:31


But those who wait on the LORD

Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Those who wait.... I need to wait.

To all the Marthas out there, I know this is a hard lesson to learn but it's one you and I need to learn. We need to stop being busy little Marthas (Luke 10:38-40 **) and just apply those brakes to rest a while in His Presence. And when we arise, we will arise refreshed, rejuvenated and renewed in strength, joy and countenance.

I'm happy to trade in my Martha apron any day for Mary's....what about you?


** Scripture snippet - Luke 10:38-40
38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At June 14, 2009 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Stopping by to Welcome you to SITS!!

 
At June 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Two Pretty Little Skirts said...

It is nearly impossible for me to do nothing during the day. I have to keep moving or I get bored...
Stoppin by to say welcome to the SITSahood! We have a great group of ladies and we're glad to have you aboard!

Dawn

 
At June 15, 2009 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Sandy said...

What a great reminder! Thanks!


Welcome to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

 
At June 15, 2009 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Ash said...

Excellent post.

But isn't there a saying about idle hands? :-)

Welcome to SiTS!! Em

 
At June 15, 2009 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Brandy said...

Sometimes it's good to relax and refocus...

Welcome to SITS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home