This Page

has been moved to new address

Guess what my daughter wants to be when she grows up?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: Guess what my daughter wants to be when she grows up?

Jun 30, 2009

Guess what my daughter wants to be when she grows up?

I know they say kids go through crazy career decisions and when they're small they can want to be anything from a doctor one day to a firefighter the next.

Till just a few days ago, Bunny girl (B.G.) had a wonderful, honorable choice in mind (I know I hear you saying "She's only 3" That doesn't matter! I think it was sweet to see that she had something special in mind and how wonderful it would be if she actually grows up to work towards that goal. Hmmm...it's nice to hope!) Bunny girl wanted, without a doubt, to be a teacher. Isn't that great? I thought so too but then the fateful day had to happen......Career move!!!....Sigh!

On our weekend drive out, I sat in the back with her and we chatted. Here's our conversation, verbatim...

B.G.: "Mama, when Dada was small he wanted to be a therapist?" ( Now in the heat, after the fun filled but super tiring trip, I wasn't going to explain to her that her Daddy wanted to be an Airforce pilot before becoming a Therapist.)

Me: "Yes"

B.G. " I know what I want to be when I grow up"

I smiled and my insides gave a big grin because I knew the answer that would follow. A teacher! And I just love hearing her say that. Nevertheless I asked...

Me: "What?"

My precious 'teacher-to-be' answered proudly....

B.G.: " A frog!"

Don't look at me!! I have no idea where that came from. I'm just trying to figure out why she wants to be a slimy, sticky, bouncy little amphibian! Sigh! I just hope she changes her mind soon, else I'll need to make changes to the blog and you'll be reading off Energizer Froggy's Mommy Reports.....Double Sigh!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At July 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Vodka Mom said...

I LOVEEEE that!!!

 
At July 1, 2009 at 8:57 AM , Blogger kimert said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! :) I'm planning to spend some time here on your blog today! It's great so far.

 
At July 1, 2009 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Awww...thats just sooo cute!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Have a Great Day
Hugs

 
At July 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

aww, that is too cute! I love it when kids think of creative things like that

 
At July 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

ohh and thanks for your sweet compliments on my blog! They made me smile

 
At July 1, 2009 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Lisa M said...

Love it! Too cute! I wonder what my kids will say when they start deciding what they want to be lol.

Just dropping by to welcome you to the SITStahood!

 
At July 1, 2009 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just love that !! you cant say Bunny Girl does not spring unexpected surprises...I laughed aloud imagining you swelling with pride and mentally preparing your speech about BG moulding impressionable minds of the future citizens of the world.. MORE power to BG and her creative bent of mind

 
At July 1, 2009 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Deanna Lynn Sletten said...

Hi,
Great blog! I am now following you and have also grabbed your button to place on my blog roll. You can grab mine at http://writemoms.blogspot.com
Cheers,
DeAnna

 
At July 1, 2009 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Night Owl Mama said...

LOL too cute

 
At July 1, 2009 at 10:12 PM , Anonymous Sini said...

ok M ,I have to comment for this now...
that was hilarious....

 
At December 9, 2009 at 4:22 AM , Blogger Jennifer C. Valerie said...

LOL! You had me laugh loud for this one. I was like - A what?! Where do these thoughts that children have come from? LOL!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Jenn Erickson said...

Priceless! From the mouths of 'polliwogs'...

 
At December 9, 2009 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Robin said...

LOL....
so cute

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home