This Page

has been moved to new address

Mommy Tip # 1 - Make charts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: Mommy Tip # 1 - Make charts

Mar 27, 2009

Mommy Tip # 1 - Make charts

I've learnt it always makes things exciting for little ones when they can see with their eyes there is something to look forward too.

I make monthly charts for Bunny girl with the various events planned for the month. (Playdates, parties, church etc.) Since Bunny girl is too young to read, I represent certain events with a picture. If she has a birthday party to go to that month, we have a picture of a birthday cake on the date of the party. When we were going to Disney earlier this month, we had Mickey pictures stuck on the days we would be there. Similarly a trip to Sea world, San Antonio had pictures of dolphins.

As a countdown, every morning after breakfast, she puts a sticker, in the square, for that day and then gets to countdown to the next fun event planned. This also helps with her counting, as she counts down the number of days left to go before her 'fun event'

Try this out....its lots of fun and at the end of every month the chart becomes a keepsake for you as a reminder of the fun things your family did that month.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At March 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM , Blogger For Their Future said...

Thanks for the comment! Glad you came by! You have a cute blog! Great tip! Hope to read more.
I have two little girls. They are so much fun! For some reason i figured I would have boys, but so far my sister has 2 boys and I have the girls! God is always surprising us with good things, isn't He? I am glad He is in charge!
I look forward to visiting the blog party more. Wish i wasn't so late! There are a ton of great prizes!
God bless you and yours!
Love in Christ,
Hannah
P.S. I lived in TX. till I was 12! All my family is from TX! Great place! I miss it sometimes.

 
At March 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your ideas and I'm so glad you stopped by my site so that now I am in touch with yours. This UBP thing is great. Keep up the great work.

 
At March 27, 2009 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! It's so exciting to see comments! I went like 10 postings before I ever received a comment! This is so much fun!

I love the idea of the calendar. I find that I'm always "creative" for other people but tend to leave it out when it comes to my fam. I need to get things rolling around this house and that sounds like a good starting point!

 
At March 27, 2009 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Jan said...

What a great blog!! Thanks for stopping by mine for the party. It's nice to meet you. Love your ideas and posts about being a mommy.

 
At March 27, 2009 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You can NEVER have too many tips!! I love your blog, and will be checking back often! :)

Have a great weekend.

 
At March 28, 2009 at 2:39 AM , Blogger Carebear said...

This is a really cute idea! I'm just starting to "preschool at home" my toddler this week, so I think I'll add this activity to our repertoire! Thanks for visiting my blog during UBP 2009. Hope you had a great party week and made lots of new bloggy friends! Good luck in the prize drawings!

 
At March 28, 2009 at 10:09 AM , Anonymous Jessica said...

Love the chart idea. i just started on for my daughter. She cleans up all her toys so nicely now.

 
At March 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM , Anonymous jeanine p said...

Thanks for stopping by I Could Use A Deal ! and the UBP09 !

I just subscribed to your blog.

Your site looks sweet and attractive.

 
At March 28, 2009 at 3:46 PM , Blogger elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Marina:
Thanks for stopping by the blog. You are a good momma to do charts. As for me, I call it a win if we actually do anything beyond school and homework!

peace~elaine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home