This Page

has been moved to new address

10 tips for weaving the 'in' runway trends into your day-to-day looks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: 10 tips for weaving the 'in' runway trends into your day-to-day looks

Nov 18, 2010

10 tips for weaving the 'in' runway trends into your day-to-day looks


When you're a Mom, it's not always easy looking like you just walked off the front cover of a magazine. It always tickles Hubby to see how Bunny girl and Bunny Boo will be impeccably dressed for church on Sunday morning or to a 'fancy party' while I will be hurriedly slipping on the closest ironed 'appropriate for the day' outfit but still looking like the cat dragged me in!
My sister is always on my case and tells me it doesn't take much to get dressed 'Ooh la la' if only I attune my mind to putting in a little effort! So Sis, I've listened and this post (Okay Twitter Moms and Kenmore don't tell her this was a prompt) has my 10 tips for weaving the 'in' runway trends into your day-to-day looks...
  1. Always, always, always have a black dress hidden in the closet. Black never goes out of style AND it can be dressed up or dressed down.
  2. Scarves are a great way to add personality and flair to an otherwise dull outfit. Pashminas and Silk never go out of style (Plus here's a Mommy Tip-they're great to cover spit up!)
  3. Check online for what the 'in' color for the season is and rummage through your closet to see if you have anything to flaunt for the season. If you aren't too enthusiastic to invest in clothes, stick to black and paint your nails with the 'in' color!
  4. Invest in some colored (quality, not cheap imitation ones)handbags and pair them to dress up an otherwise mundane looking outfit.
  5. The same goes with your shoes. Buy a few shoes in colors and save them for those days where you really need to dress up but at the nth moment don't have time to run to shop. Wear something from your wardrobe and contrast color it with complementing colored shoes and a matching handbag.
  6. Fashion jewelry always helps to make a statement and if you love wearing it, you're good to go! (I'm old school with my standard pearl and gold inlay earrings and gold necklace) Accessorize to 'snazzy' up a look but check with the fashion gurus online to see if 'chunky jewelry' is in or if 'simple is much' is the trend for the season.
  7. Now this is a tip my sister swears by..."Do your eyes". Now I don't do the 'eye shadow', 'mascara' bit but I do like accentuating my eyes with an eye liner. Boy what a difference it makes to one's overall look. Remember not to overdo it though because you don't want to kill the 'a la mode' look.
  8. If you have long hair, well you've half the battle won! You can wear your hair in different styles to suit the occasion for the day. (Take a look at some of these stunning styles!)
  9. It always helps to see things from an expert's perspective. One of the only TLC shows I've enjoyed watching is "What Not To Wear". You will be surprised to learn how many of the 'in' looks you thought were 'happening' are 'Gone With The Wind' and not at all appropriate to your overall look.
  10. Finally this is a personal tip. Don't incorporate the latest fashion trends into your wardrobe just because they're 'in'. Always pick what suits you and wear what you are comfortable in.The way you project yourself will ultimately make your overall look the winner for the season!
(And before I hop away I have to admit that I DON'T follow the latest trends. I wear what I'm comfortable in, what suits me and what makes it easy for me to run around with Bunny Boo and Bunny girl. I call my style the Mom-ogue. It's in fashion all year through in my home!)

Do you have any tips to dress 'en vogue' every season? Why don't you write up a post and hop over to share the same with the other Twitter Moms here?


Buzz About Kenmore

Introducing the Kenmore Elite Top-Load High Efficiency Washer. With Smart Motion™ Technology, it custom-blends six different wash motions to ensure the right cleaning and care for your clothes. Even designer styles from Thakoon’s collections have been washed in this machine.

Enter the Kenmore Runway to Washer Sweepstakes

Grand prize includes a Kenmore washer and dryer, a year’s supply of Tide®, and a trip for two to NYC with seats at Thakoon’s show where you’ll meet the designer, and receive items from his collection.





** EBMR Disclaimer:
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kenmore blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here. **

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home