This Page

has been moved to new address

Toyota Corolla...The last laugh (A Twitter Moms Post)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: Toyota Corolla...The last laugh (A Twitter Moms Post)

Jul 19, 2010

Toyota Corolla...The last laugh (A Twitter Moms Post)


If you read my earlier Toyota Corolla post you'd know we love our car to bits. I know I can't vouch for all the Toyota Corolla's out there but I can definitely vouch for the one we own and yes our beautiful silver 2007 Toyota Corolla (Sports Edition) has been great so far!

I was not a very bold person when it came to getting behind the wheel. It took me over a year after moving here to actually push myself to apply for a driver's license. I finally took the test and passed it but that was not the big hurdle. The hurdle was to actually drive the car minus Hubby sitting next to me.

Today when I look back I thank God that the first car I sat in was our Toyota Corolla and now it's unofficially 'my' car (even though Hubby tries to stake his claim on it). The Corolla is easy to maneuver, easy to park and is compact yet spacious enough to meet my family's needs. I love that it has been easy to maintain and I absolutely love the fact that we don't have to keep making weekly visits to the gas station to fuel up. (The fuel economy is definitely a big plus for this baby!)

Talking about the fuel savings, Hubby still remembers having a hard time with a colleague who ridiculed his decision to buy the Corolla. He still remembers this colleague laughing(with a low guttural bass gurgle) and saying "Hey Man! You need to go in for a guy's truck.... not this!" Hubby didn't budge from his decision despite the 'jabs' and went ahead and bought the vehicle he had a peace about. This guy continued to mock his decision till some time last year when the economy hit rough waters. Fuel costs were rocketing and people were cringing while making that painful drive to the gas station. Hubby's colleague quiet and shame faced, eating humble pie, came over and told Hubby that he thought he'd made a smart decision on buying the Corolla and ....wait for it, wait for it!......he was considering making a move to get the same.

I can't say more than that!!
We stand by our 'silver' set of wheels and yes, you know who has the last laugh now!




** EBMR Disclaimer: “I wrote this blog post, as a Twitter Mom, while participating in a Toyota/Twitter Moms campaign for a chance to receive a $50 gift certificate. This post has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. **

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 23, 2010 at 3:38 AM , Anonymous toyota car dealers nj said...

Toyota Corolla is one of the fabulous car of Toyota. This is a good post i don't hesitate to come back here again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home