This Page

has been moved to new address

What's in a name?....MckLinky Blog Hop

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: What's in a name?....MckLinky Blog Hop

Nov 9, 2009

What's in a name?....MckLinky Blog Hop

We've all heard of a beautiful name some time in our lives. If you're a Mommy or a Daddy (yes we do have Daddy readers y'all!!) I'm sure you may have even named your daughter(s) or son(s) accordingly.

I still remember when Bunny girl was still in my womb, Hubby and I knew, without a doubt, that we wanted to give our baby a name that had Biblical roots, sounded beautiful and most importantly meant something beautiful. I love Bunny girl's name (and to my new/visiting readers...No we did not name our baby Bunny girl !! We just use that as dottie's 'bloggy name'!) and each time I say it, I remember the meaning and am reminded of how precious a gift she is to us....our beautiful promise from God.

This week's MckLinky Blog Hop is titled "Ask a Question" so here's mine to you.....

"What's your favorite name of all time?"
(If you know what it means, I'd love to know)



P.S. To all those Mommies and Daddies out there having a new baby arrive soon, I hope we'll have a nice big list for you to look through :)



MckLinky Blog Hop

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At November 10, 2009 at 4:13 AM , Blogger Krafty Max Originals said...

My favorite name - that is a hard one, but I think I will putout the one from when I was a little girl...shashanna...it has always made me think of peace and quiet!

 
At November 10, 2009 at 6:43 AM , Blogger HugandRelease said...

My son's name is Memphis! It was the first city in Egypt according to the Bible. We were going to name him after my father which name is Wilbur (UGH!) but decided to name him after the city in which my dad was born and raised. Thank goodness! We thought that if wouldn't be a popular name until in walks my husbands boss name Memphis Jr.! Yes there is a Senior! CRAZY!

 
At November 10, 2009 at 6:57 AM , Blogger Kim, USA said...

My favorite name of all time is my name of course. I have two first name Mary Kim, my parents told me they got my name Mary from the hospital name I was born ST. Mary Hospital and the Kim they got it from my fathers company Kimberly Inc. where my father was a salesman. So that's it my name has a herstory too ^_^ that makes it my favorite.

my entry is up too http://kissess4u.blogspot.com

 
At November 10, 2009 at 8:26 AM , Blogger maddie/cadesmimi said...

It didn't start out to be that way, but I ended up naming all of our children "B" names Brandy, Brett, and Brad. The boys both had middle names beginning with "M" Brett Matthew and Brad Michael. I love my grandaughter's name...Madison Elizabeth.

 
At November 10, 2009 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Aprons by MeMe said...

Hope I can put this in as few words as possible :0)!!!! I couldn't have children. It had been 16 years of trying. We went through a San Diego Pregnancy Crisis Center. Met an amazing young woman who wanted the best for her son. She chose us through many applications. We had a wonderful two months getting to know each other. When it came to naming our beautiful son we knew who was in charge. His first name is Joseph, Christ's father We wanted to a special middle name. We went to the bible and found "Emmanuel". That means "God is with us".

 
At November 11, 2009 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Val said...

I love my girls names because they are different but mean something. Our 4 year old is Maelynn Michelle - Mae was my husbands grandmother's middle name (she pretty much raised him) and Lynn is the middle name of My husband's Dad and Brothers and my Mom and sisters and Michelle is my middle name. Our 2 year old is Beclynn Bell and she is named after my Mom Rebecca Lynn (she goes by Becky Lynn) and Bell was my Grandmother's maiden name. They don't have to worry about any other kid having their name - but they also honor many family members, which was important to us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home