This Page

has been moved to new address

The prayer of a child- Part 4

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: The prayer of a child- Part 4

Dec 8, 2009

The prayer of a child- Part 4


If this post is the first you are reading in 'The prayer of a child' series, I would love for you to read the first 3 posts to lead you into this post
The prayer of a child- Part 1
The prayer of a child- Part 2
The prayer of a child- Part 3

After Bunny girl's bold announcement to her preschool teacher, I started to have this nagging feeling within...."What if Bunny girl could be right?"... "What if maybe she and Jesus had an agreement and He said He was going to give her a sibling?".... the 'What ifs' only grew on my list and a few days after my conversation with her I realized that I hadn't gone through my cranky phase in the month....... Gasp! WHAT IF??

The next morning after dropping Bunny girl to school I drove down to Walmart and picked up a recommended test by the pharmacist. I paid for the test and somehow it just seemed like I got all the traffic lights on that drive back home. Oh boy!

Once home, I literally tore open that test as if my life depended on it, speed read through the instructions and did what I had to and then waited.......

Those 2 minutes took forever to go by and before I took a look at the test, I sat down and prayed the first thing that came into my mind..."Lord, pleeeeease answer her prayer" and then I looked.....


Okay...so maybe that was a false alarm. A faded second line....I guess we'll just keep praying. I decided I wouldn't even say anything to Hubby lest he think I was disappointed. (Honestly in my heart I was...I guess without me actually realizing it, I had begun to really look forward to and hope for another baby.)

That evening that test kept coming to my mind and I just couldn't shake it off. Again that night Bunny girl prayed and this time I honestly prayed hard that God would answer really soon because I really wanted to see her....errrr....OUR prayer answered.

Late that night I know I tossed and turned in my bed as the second unopened test in the bathroom cabinet seemed to be calling out to me and I soooo wanted to just take that test one more time......just once! I just felt, maybe oh maybe, that faded line could be prominent...but I needed to wait till Hubby was at work and Bunny girl at school......just in case!

Morning took forever to come and once again the drive back home after dropping Bunny girl to school seemed liked miles away but finally I did get indoors and rushed to the bathroom. This time I didn't read any instructions. I knew what I had to do and I did it quick and waited.....and waited ...and waited....and again said a prayer before opening my eyes.

Know what I saw? ......

2 strong distinct prominently clear red lines.....Hallelujah......
WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!

Breaking the news to Hubby over the phone was exciting but the icing on the cake was my precious Bunny girl. I will never forget the moment we told her and showed her the test... she gave a shriek of delight and then after bouncing around in excitement, asked if we could thank Jesus and said she would start. Her prayer was the most beautiful and blessed prayer I've heard and I'm sure Jesus was smiling down as He heard the praise from that innocent then 3yr 6month old's mouth....her simple words expressing the joy she felt, complete with the giggles and smiles as she closed her eyes to thank her Heavenly Father.......who answered the prayer of a child.


* God is so good! Bunny girl's expected to hold her baby sibling in her arms around late May 2010.....do keep us in prayer during this time.*

Labels: , , , ,

53 Comments:

At December 8, 2009 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Sarah Brown said...

Oh Congratulations!!!!! I will keep you in my prayers for a healthy happy pregnancy=)

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yay!!!!

That's so exciting. Congratulations.

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oldest son spent 3 years praying for God to send him a baby brother - never once did he ask for a sister - at every meal, every bedtime prayer, "Please Jesus send me a baby brother." In the 6th grade, he had to take a picture from every year of his life and tell a story. When he was 6, he had a pictre of him and his new baby brother. He told about praying. He also ended with, "Be careful what you pray for because God answers prayers abundantly - I now have 3 baby brothers" (And another one a few years later)

What a faith story she will be able to tell! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I remember my stick turning blue that day years ago - I was on the phone with my aunt. I just cried and cried because we'd been unable to have any more.

A very Merry Christmas to you and your little prayer warrior!

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping by from SITS! That is the most precious story EVER!! Congrats to you and your family!!

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM , Anonymous Angelia said...

Congratulations! What a blessing!

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:45 PM , Blogger brokenteepee said...

Congratulations!
and Happy SITS day!

New babies are so much fun

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy. Stopping by from SITS. Have a great week!

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:48 PM , Blogger Miss Dot said...

How precious and amazing!! Congratulations to you and your family!!

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:58 PM , Blogger M said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 12:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!! Oh so exciting!

I am trying for my #2 too, and am also looking forward to seeing those lines on my kit soon! ;D

coming by from SITS... hope you have a GREAT day!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 12:12 AM , Blogger Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

'Atta girl!
The fervent prayer of a Bunny Girl availeth much!
;o)
Congrats!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 12:17 AM , Blogger thatgirlblogs said...

wooohoooo

 
At December 9, 2009 at 12:46 AM , Blogger Jessie said...

That's the coolest story I've heard all day! From the mouths of infants and nursing babes He has ordained praise!! Thank you Jesus! And congratulations to you!! My oldest daughter (0f 3 girls) used to pray that we'd get a brother for them...at EVERY meal. Actually, she'd just thank God for the brother that's coming, not really ask. Kids rock! Guess that's why Jesus said we need childlike faith! (ps, Hi from SITS)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 6:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love happy endings! congratulations...God is good!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 6:35 AM , Blogger bless their hearts mom said...

wonderful christmas wish!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 6:57 AM , Blogger {leah} said...

Well, congradulations!!! Aren't the prayers of a chils great! they know what they want and their faith is so pure.

Happy SITS day!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 7:14 AM , Blogger A Cooking Bookworm said...

How exciting! Congratulations! I pray you have a happy, healthy, and smooth pregnancy! Looks like Bunny Girl will be a marvelous helper!

Psalm 127:3, "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."

:-)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Judy@grammyreads.com said...

Wonderful! Congratulations! Bunny Girl will be a natural at the Big Sister business!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Lucy Mills said...

That is so wonderful!! Congrats :)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 7:41 AM , Blogger mail4rosey said...

I remember that feeling of rushing home to take the test. Congrats on a positive reading, and thank you for posting such a warm story!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 7:53 AM , Blogger InspiredDreamer said...

Wow, congratulations. What a blessing to have a child of such faith, she will help support your own. We truly are called to have the faith of a child, aren't we?

Happy SITS day, I hope it's Extraordinary! :)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

YEA! CONGRATS!!!!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Sits day to you!!! What a wonderful story. I had my second son May 1st 2009. Congrats to you and your family :)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Kerri said...

Oh my GOSH I'm practically bawling. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Patricia said...

I love this! The faith of a child is amazing. I am so happy for you and your family. congratulations and happy SITS day to you!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous Trenches of Mommyhood said...

Here from SITS - congrats on your happy news!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Lora said...

this made me tear up, and it's the first thing I've ever read on your blog! Congratulations, and what a sweetly answered prayer.

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Kathi said...

Congratulations!! God is indeed so good and answers prayer in amazing ways. I'm so happy for you. Kathi

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Marshmallow Circus said...

What a happy surprise! Congratulations!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Congratulations!!!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM , Anonymous Jamie said...

Congratulations, that is wonderful news. Merry SITSmas!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! God is good, indeed! I pray for good health in your family & that the pregnancy will go smoothly :)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Young Wife said...

That is so precious! Congratulations!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Date Girl said...

Awww! That's so great! I'm glad you took the second test, and how wonderful that your little girl is looking forward to being a big sister. Happy SITS day!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM , Blogger mel said...

congrats! this will be one lucky child, surrounded by such love :)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Congratulations!
And....I did read all instalations, and I love this story.
Thanks for sharing it.

 
At December 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Minky Moo said...

This is my first visit (from SITS) and I am absolutely tearing up at these posts! I am so happy for you, and for Bunny Girl! A child's prayer is always the most powerful! Congratulations

 
At December 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM , Blogger foxy said...

Congratulations - that is such a sweet story!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM , Blogger lfhpueblo said...

WOW, that's God for you. Congrats to you, and a big thank you to God for knowing that your family wanted openly and some a little later secretly another baby. Praise God.

 
At December 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Shell said...

Crazy how she knew!

And guess she was telling her preschool teacher the truth! So, no explanations necessary from you...me, I'm still trying to figure out how to get my boys' teacher to know that we don't force him to sleep on the floor! LOL

 
At December 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM , Anonymous Fallon said...

What a beautiful story! Congratulations! I'm positive with a loving mother like you, your next child will grow to be just as wonderful as your first.

 
At December 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Congrats! I'm new to your blog,(visiting from SITS) but I must say, it is so wonderful to hear a child praying like that, and really, truly believing that God will answer it. If only we could all learn to have the faith of a child. I will keep you in my prayers as well.

 
At December 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Renee said...

How wonderful! Congrats to you and to Bunny Girl! lol
Merry Christmas! God bless you--oh wait, he already has :)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM , Anonymous Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

That is so wonderful! The simple faith of a child is so refreshing! Glad you got the test result you wanted!

Congrats on your SITS day!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just started following your blog today, as I saw that you were the lucky Featured blog...but I must admit...I'm hooked...the prayer of a child...such an innocent thing. I have read all 4 posts, and I am tearing up with joy for you and your bunny girl...what a joyous and happy ending to such a very innocent prayer!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

Congratulations! What a precious story to keep written down forever....take care of yourself.:)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Lisa B. said...

That was beautiful! Congratulations to you and your sweet family!!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Monica said...

Congratulations!!!!

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone

 
At December 10, 2009 at 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a sweet story...

congratulations dear!

 
At December 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Ashley S said...

That's a beautiful story! Oh from the mouth of babes... Congrats to all three of you, and the unborn for getting such a beautiful family and sweet spirited big sister.

 
At December 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Terri said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you, your hubby, and Bunny Girl! I said a prayer for you to enjoy a wonderful pregnancy. Take care!

 
At December 14, 2009 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i nominated this post for Avant grade awards..

 
At February 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Dimes2Vines said...

Absolutely amazingly beautiful - words don't do justice to how sweet this whole series has been!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home