This Page

has been moved to new address

Am I confident about God's love for me?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: Am I confident about God's love for me?

Jul 21, 2009

Am I confident about God's love for me?


Yesterday I had a wonderful time helping share the Word of God with some ladies in church. I was dealing with one topic in the Bible study titled " Am I confident about God's love for me?" While preparing for this study the previous day, an incident at the library came to memory and then the scene from a film most of us have watched. I knew, even as I typed, God had a message. It spoke to me and I pray as you read this, you may be blessed too.


There are moments in our lives, when we go through hard times or difficult situations when we find it a struggle to walk on in faith. There are moments when we look up to Heaven exasperated and cry "Lord, do you really love me?".... There are those moments.

Have you watched the movie the Passion of Christ? There is one scene that still stands out so clear in my mind, that is when Jesus is on the Cross. He is in pain and torment and it is at this moment that the Presence of God leaves His Side...just for a moment but that moment is too much for Jesus to bear. He suffered each step till then bravely because He knew the Presence of God was with Him....His Assurance....His Father. Now He is Alone....it is too much. He just looks up to the Heavens and screams in anguish, a son to his father, “Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachthani” “Lord Lord why have you forsaken me” and immediately the next bit picturized shows the skies growing dark and just to add more impact to the scene, a tear drop is shown falling from the Heavens. The Pain of A Father.
Think about it....

As a parent I know it pains me when Bunny girl hurts. I took Bunny girl for a morning story session at the local library last week and the children were on the rug playing with some toys put out. Bunny girl went up to an older girl and picked out a toy to play with it from near the girl’s feet. The girl glared at her, arms full with 2 other toys and snatched this one out of Bunny girl’s hands and scowled. The look on Bunny girl’s face tore me up-she was so hurt but didn’t say anything and just quietly went down and sat next to another little girl, who sweetly shared her toys. It would have been easy for me to step in and fight my child's battle but it was something she needed to handle on her own. Something so tiny hurt me when I saw the sadness written all over my daughter’s face. At that moment I was reminded of how much much more it hurt when God looked down that day and saw His Son in torment, being given up for you and me but He could not step in. His Son had to go through it all....just for you....just for me.

Picture that scene and replay that in your mind each time you question “Does God really love me?” There is no doubt about it! He made the ultimate sacrifice for you and even if it meant it would save only you, He would do it all over again.

That’s how much God loves you. Be confident in that. Be blessed!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At July 22, 2009 at 4:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true..can relate..

love the picture..

 
At July 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

Visiting from SITS - what a wonderful post. Thank you.

 
At July 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw as you correctly wrote ..very hard not to step in and undo the wrong and hurt...it must have been a learning experience for innocent Bunny Girl who has always been met with love and care....very glad there was a little 'sharer' who could make up in a small way for the encounter ...big hug to Bunny Girl..GG

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home