This Page

has been moved to new address

As the Swine Flu goes around...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports: As the Swine Flu goes around...

Apr 28, 2009

As the Swine Flu goes around...

With the escalating media reports and more cases of swine flu being reported, the levels of fear in the hearts of many are also rising. Just earlier this evening while my husband shopped for our regular groceries at HEB he stood in line at the checkout counter behind a family piling their grocery cart with provisions to last several days. He overheard them saying they needed to be stocked for the situation at hand. An atmosphere of panic seems to be looming overhead.

In times like these, we can only trust God to keep us safe and ofcourse do our part to keep safe.
  • Avoid crowded areas.
  • Cook food thoroughly.
  • Make sure your hands are washed regularly especially after stepping outdoors.
  • Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Get rid of the tissue immediately.
  • Do your bit of building up your immunity with multivitamins and a daily dose of citrus. (Our family has resumed drinking a glass of warm lemon juice with honey in the morning. This concoction used to be on my dreaded list as a child but today as a mother I see my Mom in myself and the cycle seems to repeat....lemon juice and honey for my family!)
  • Leave hand sanitizers around the house to encourage little ones to keep cleaning their hands especially as they get into everything and anything in just a second! (And make sure they avoid putting anything into their mouths especially their own fingers.)
  • Above all....PRAY AND TRUST GOD.
While reading the newspaper this morning and going through the various flu reports, I immediately thought of Bunny girl. As I began to think of her safety (P.S. I'm an overtly protective mother hen-I guess its the first kid syndrome. A few of my Mommy friends have told me I'll be more tough whenever we have our second.....I say lets wait and see!!) the verses from Psalm 91 came to mind.

Psalm 91: 1,2,9 and 10 says
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;

These verses keep my heart at peace and I pray they encourage you too. May you and your family (especially your little ones) be kept safe during this time and may you find peace in knowing God's Hand of Protection will safeguard you and all your loved ones, as you trust in Him.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 29, 2009 at 1:47 PM , Anonymous EG said...

All will go well ...so many calamities have hit our land ..some man made and others by nature ...and yet we have seen through them by the grace of God..I would like to add yet another fav Psalm to our fav Psalm 91..it is Psalm 121 ..I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper : the Lord is thay shade upon the thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day nor the moon by night. THE LORD SHALL PRESERVE THEE FROM ALL EVIL : HE SHALL PRESERVE THY SOUL. THE LORD SHALL PRESERVE THY GOING OUT AND THY COMING IN FROM THIS TIME FORTH AND EVEN FOR EVERMORE (take particular note of the last two statements) May God continue to bless and protect us all...EG

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home